As your computer gets older, does it seem to be running slower and slower? Are you thinking that perhaps you need a new one? Before you do anything like purchase a new computer, it would be a good idea to simply perform a few tasks which could clear out the clutter and make your system work faster.
So what can you do?
- Delete old files that you aren’t using.
- Store photos and video files in the cloud or on a separate drive.
- Make certain that you clean up your Tmp Files from all those gret web searches you perform each day.
- After you delete a number of files, run the Disk Defragmenter program.
- Clear out old emails. Especially ones that have large attachments. They just take up space, and chances are you have already down loaded the attachments you needed.
- Run Disk Cleanup
- Check for Malware and Viruses
- Update your software! When your provider asks to run software updates, it’s likely there are issues which should be fixed OR there are new defenses against hackers, so let the software update!!
There are a number of other things you can do to keep your system running fast, but chances are you won’t have the time to keep up with them. It could be best to have one of our Tech Support people come in, run diagnostics on your computer, then clean it up for you.
As a matter of protection we should make certain you have a good antivirus software and anti malware software for your computer and networks. Malware can live quietly on your system,not interfering with most day-to-day operations on your computer, but it will slow down your system. It’s also important to back up and protect you data. That way, if you have a clean back up, you won’t have lost all of your data.
Your Tech Guys